A Light for my path provides a unique opportunity to pray the traditional fourteen Stations of the Cross by incorporating the Book of Psalms with the Gospel accounts of Jesus' Passion and Death. Praying the psalms helps us to become more familiar with the prayer of Jesus and to be united with his suffering and Death. Pastoral reflections and original music are provided for each station for further participation and meditation. The illustrations depict an urban setting and are from Jesus' perspective, helping us to experience the Cross through his eyes.
This Leader's Guide provides resources for parish staff to promote and advertise this prayer service, schedule ministers, lead music rehearsals, and prepare additional formation opportunities for faith communities.
· Bulletin inserts in color
· Advertising flyers in color
· Letters of invitation
· Music accompaniment for piano, guitar, and C-instruments
· Soprano, Alto, and Baritone choir arrangements
· Order of Service for ministers and musicians
· Materials for leading a retreat and reflection sessions about the Way of the Cross
· Catechetical and formation resources
· CD-ROM with PDFs, MP3s, and a video